19 March 2007

Sing It, Johnny.


I hate my job. Today was the absolute last straw. After being yelled at the most insanely silly thing, I had to go into the back room for a moment to talk myself out of walking out right there. I've never walked out on a job. I had to do some serious convincing of myself, as in holding my hand down as I reached for my coat. I've had jobs that I hated before. I hated waiting tables, I hated working in a clothing store. Crappy jobs. I shouldn't hate this job, but I do. It pays okay, the hours are decent, my boss is okay when she's not acting crazy, my co-workers are inocuous and actually quite nice. The work isn't horrible. Not exciting, either, but not horrible. And I can walk to work if I don't have to drop kids off. There's nothing wrong with my job except for my boss' unpredictable behavior, and it's enough to send me packing.

I'm taking a break from writing some directed cover letters. From those I'll write some generic cover letters, got the resume looking spiffy.

I just had to get that off my chest. I really hate my job.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sing it, sister.

Work sucks. Particularly the part where you're subject to other peoples' bullshit.

Parthenia said...

Yeah. My boss is going through a hard time business and family wise. But it's really no excuse to take it out on me. That's what it feels like. It's sad because I liked her until this week, and now we just avoid each other. It's hard to do in such a small office. Thank God for the weekend. I think she knows she was inappropriate, and I have not been terribly perky. Just cordial and a little formal.
I hope I hear from those jobs soon!

Parthenia said...

I have a job interview on Tuesday for a church administrator position. Seems to be a pretty good job. Better money. Back to the old commute I left my job of nine years to work where I work now, though. But at least I won't have to make it with an infant. And since I majored in Religion in college, I'm almost using my degree. Sorta. Kinda.

At any rate, this makes me happy.
Roll some Lucky Sevens for me!