05 April 2007

See you in Two Weeks?? Please?


I had my second interview for the job I really want, working at a local Unitarian church (not the one I attend, though). I think it went well, and now I'm in Waiting For The Call Purgatory. As I was leaving, one of the people who interviewed me said, "We'll talk to you very soon." I want to take that as a good sign, or some indication that the woman who said it thinks I'm the candidate they should choose. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Sitting in WFTC Purgatory is much nicer than living in I Hate My Job Hell. If I get sent back there, at least I'll know there's a better world out there. A workplace where bosses don't yell at you for asking them what they want, where the tempo and mood of your day isn't set by the mood of your boss, and where micro-managament is seen as a bad thing.

I'm trying not to stress out about it. I feel good about the interview. If I don't get the job, I'll be disappointed and bummed, but inspired to look for another job. Still, anyone who wants to put some positive energy my way, I warmly and gladly accept it!

Picture from Hey God dot org

No comments: