18 January 2008

The Primitive Orgy Oracle



The revised edition of Steal Away Jordan is available to pre-order until Wednesday, January 23. I will have a limited number of copies at Dreamation. Visit Stone Baby Games for more information.

So what's that have to do The Primitive Orgy Oracle? Nothing. I'm just combining 2 posts, and "The Primitive Orgy Oracle" has a nice ring to it. Tonight I started working on the Primitive Orgy Oracle for In a Wicked Age. Meg and Vincent came over and we took turns going through the book and picking out phrases. Here are a few of my favorites:

A cordon of scowling, livid faces, reeking with musk, watching through wildly bulging bloodshot eyes.

The 37 1/2 part of a woman’s 38-22-37 1/2 chassis.

A huge giant, at least 6’ 6”, with big grasping toes like a gorilla’s fingers, messing around with an MG.

The will of the great Obeah Damballa papaloi.

The voice of Jamaica Jane, hypnotic, hollow, and devoid of emotion.


So what's Primitive Orgy? It's a pulp novel by Big Bob Tralins, author of Torrid Island. I bought the book when I was in high school and brought it home when I was visiting my parents back in October. The book is exactly what you'd expect. Busty women, magical negroes, macho men, human sacrifices, ritual orgies, Voodoo. It is excellent source material for an oracle if you want to plat In a Wicked Age, ca. 1961, which, despite the painful stereotypes and silliness, I find inexplicably appealing. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm commenting on your blog!
good stuff, Julia!
-Nathan