03 June 2007

JiffyFlux


How quickly can a stomach virus run across a street and back again? Apparently, pretty damn quick. Ingrid puked on Thursday, Meg was sick on Thursday (but didn't puke). Vincent puked on Friday. It was my turn on Saturday.

Friday night, I stayed up till the sun rose making product and labels. I got two hours sleep. I made decent money, sold a fair amount of things. But around 11 am, something felt wrong. I wasn't just tired, I felt off. I thought maybe I was overheated. It was about 90 degrees, and I had been sitting in the sun. I drank some water. That didn't help. Later, I put a cold compress on my neck. That helped the nausea. Yeah. Nausea. By 12:30 I knew something bad was coming. I asked Julie, one of my booth mates if she didn't mind taking the tent down herself. She didn't. I looked pretty bad. I went home. I laid down. 20 minutes later I called Joshua, and told him I didn't think I would make it to JiffyCon. Then I puked. The last thing I'd eaten, besides a couple of cookies was a cherry ice pop. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. For the rest of the day, I was so sick I could barely move. Today I felt much better, but still a little weak. I couldn't stand up for long periods of time.

I'm bummed I missed JiffyCon. I had a really cool playtest for Steal Away Jordan in mind. I heard JiffyCon was a blast of course. There's next time.

Update!
So Meg reports that she did not have the flux. I guess I wanted someone to share in my misery. That's okay, I had a relapse on Monday, so I had it for her. I'm still a little queasy, still a little weak, and not all affected systems have returned to normal function yet.

I'd be more graphic about the whole thing, for the sake of scientific inquiry, but I think the 2 or 3 people who actually read this might read during their lunch hour, and I don't want to discourage reading.

Let's just say...let's not say anything other than that I was wicked sick.

No comments: