27 June 2009

Alhamdulillah!! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!


I have a new job. I start Monday. It's a nice change of pace, a step in a new direction, and I am really looking forward to where I will go. I'll be working within walking distance from home, during the day, and most day's I'll be off at 3:15.

I'm going to be working as an instructor in a local public school (Bea's old school actually, and what will be Ingrid's new school when she starts kindergarten next year), in their ABA program. Most of the kids I'll be working with are autistic and non-verbal. There will be 5 or more children, ages 3 to 9.

It's not the job I thought was my dream job, but it has some exciting opportunities. More training in ABA (which may lead me back to pursuing a Master's in Psychology), tiny commute, mom's hours, the joy of sleeping in my own bed 7 nights a week, and rewarding, challenging work.

I was unemployed a little more than two weeks. I haven't even received my unemployment benefit checks yet, and I see this job being a nice big fat step in the up direction.

That's a few alhamdulillahs right there.

Just as I was starting to settle into a routine of being a stay at home mom, I decided to devote some of that spare time to do volunteer stuff. I'm trying to organize a Food Not Bombs chapter in Greenfield. More to come with that.

No comments: